February 18, 2010

Why is it so hard to live like we should? I've been thinking that it must come down to the hard truth... we either will accept it or we wont, God loved us so he sent his son.

Now most people I know, understand at least  partially what that phrase means. Christ came to this earth. But the other part that is sometimes overlooked is that God Loves Us. Yes that includes you, and it includes me. Now as a mormon I find it amazing that such things can exist, God is not some distant supreme being shooting lightning out his fingertips. He is our father, our creator and loves us as such. Amazing, simply amazing.

So now here is something that has been on my mind in relation to that concept. What does God require of us? Well we could go through the entire list of covenants and commandments both ancient and modern, but I think Christ himself summed it up perfectly.... When asked what the two greatest commandments were, he responded that the first was to love God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength. The second he said was to love our neighbor as ourself. In my studys I have come to find out that any law or commandment God gives us is based on those two principles. When we do as we are commanded we Are loving God and Loving our neighbor. It doesnt matter what the Law or Covenant or Commandment is we are told to obey, God doesnt give them to us under any other premise than to show us how to love as he loves. He wants us to have the kind of love that he expresses to each and everyone of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment