February 05, 2010

A poem I wrote a while ago

Where I go

Torn, beyond belief,


Follow my heart or follow my feet

Either way I have so much to gain,

But so much to lose that I cant regain.

In the end of my journey there will be,

Choices made that will set me free.

Free to live my life as I would,

Feeling no guilt for the things that could not be.

Willing to move forward regardless the cost,

I take the steps even when I feel so lost.

Looking for a Landmark, a sign to follow.

Tracing the pattern of my Hollow.

How many times must I wander in circles,

Hoping to find a way beyond the trees.

I feel the breeze breath across my valley,

Bringing scents of a world I cannot believe.

My heart says to take the step beyond the trees.

My feet say here is comfort and safety.

Continue my circling for a step or so.

Till I begin to cry out LET ME GO.

The Valley of my imprisonment.
 
 
 
Sometimes the words of the past seem to echo in my mind lately, just random snippets of conversations and feelings that were expereinced. I look back at some of my writings from long ago and realize that who I am has continued to grow. Progression is key to finding what we seek, if we constantly are doing and thinking the same things over and over we will never get any different answers. So I look on what could happen this year, and I am glad for a direction to head, a direction to follow. But like it says which direction? "Follow my heart, or follow my feet..."

No comments:

Post a Comment