February 07, 2010

Happiness

So this morning I went to Elders class, first time going to that class and it was amazing.
The lesson was given by a good friend of mine and it was about Happiness being the purpose of Man's existence. I have my own thoughts on happiness and the key one being happiness is a choice. I never fully realized how deep that was before. It was brought up that Happiness is not a goal, or rather you cant just have happiness, instead it is a end result of living virtueous and uprightly before God. Everytime I can remember being unhappy was when I knew that the way I was doing things and the way I would act were not how I should act. We make a choice about everything in life, from the music we listen to on the radio to the choice in eternal companions. It is simply not enough to just do aas you want, it is imperitive that we do what is right. Man is to have joy(happiness) and a true joy never can come from any other means than a celestial path. Drugs, Sex, and various other pleasures of the flesh never can hold true joy, because they are not eternal. And who wants to be miserable for eternity? I dont!!

So it does come down to choosing happiness, by choosing to be happy we must also as a matter of consequence choose those actions and laws that will bring us happiness. For there is never a blessing given by God except on the law or commandment or principle it is based on being followed. So the Blessing of Happiness requires more than just recieving gifts or having enough money in the bank. More than anything it requires us to give God all our heart, cause he will take care of us, and give what we require, eternal happiness is something we can attain, but only by following God

No comments:

Post a Comment