February 04, 2010

Mornings

I find myself contemplating a few things this morning, mostly choice. Had a friendly debate yesterday with a friend about whether or not we do anything we dont want to do, she was of the opinion that you cant do something you dont want to, because by doing something you have made the choice to want to do it. I will disagree with that, I believe we do something nine times out of ten because we either want the reward or we fear the consequences. The other ten percent while yes it could be stated that we want to do it, we do it because we believe it is right, that we want to do what is right without thought to reward. Just some strange thoughts rolling through my head at the moment as I look at my life and see me doing things that while my first choice would be not to do them, the ultimate choice is I will do them because; 1. I see no better alternative, 2.My life will be better for the effort despite the consequences of going through that process. 3. That it is right, and no matter how much I dislike the thought of doing it, it is more important that I do whats right than what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment