February 09, 2010

Its ok to have a Crap day; as long as it doesnt become a Crap tomorrow...

So I was having a really bad day yesterday, based mostly on only getting a few solid hours of sleep. (it was not a good night either). After talking to a few close friends and kind of just letting things off my chest, I felt a little better, but still junky.

I was trying my best to modify my attitude and nothing was working, at least to the point of me being content and fairly happy with my lot in life. Its weird cause its hard to keep me down for too long, I am usually the type that chooses to be happy inspite of it all.

Towards the end of the day I went to a small discussion group that me and my friends put together to just study the gospel and help others understand it. It was just the therapy I needed. I am probably considered a loud mouth in the group because I always have something to say about whatever topic is being brought up. I love the Gospel and all it has done in my life, and I want to share that with others.

So after my personal therapy session ;) I was talking to my friend and it came to me, that despite all it being such a dissappointing day, thats all it had to be, I dont have to let it affect tomorrow or the next day or the next day. Life happens and bad days are just a part of it. I learned that its ok to not be perfectly happy all the time, because life will change back around, as long as we take one day at a time. Today is the first day of the rest of your life, not yesterday, not tomorrow, but today. So take your crap days, cause they happen, but remember that tomorrow is a day that everything starts over. So dont let the mistakes of yesterday ruin the promise of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment