January 22, 2009

Learn how to carry a friendship greatly, whether or not it is returned. Why should one regret if the receiver is not equally generous? It never troubles the sun that some of his rays fall wide and vain into ungrateful space, and only a small part on the reflecting planet. Let your greatness educate the crude and cold companion. If he is unequal, he will presently pass away; but thou art enlarged by thy own shining.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


I was searching for inspiration (yes you can google it) and I came across this quote. How fitting is it to me at this time, I have been on both sides here both the cold crude companion as well as the sun that is enlarged by its own shining 

1 comment:

  1. That was a pleasure to read.... I should put that on my wall. I mean my Real Wall at home.

    ReplyDelete